permanent Residence based on your foreign work experience

Federal Skilled Worker Program

Federal Skilled Worker Program Express Entry Immigration Lawyer Auxilium Law PC

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

Individuals who have obtained at least one year of  continuous work experience (1560 hours or more cannot be less than a year) outside of Canada within a Managerial position (Skill Type O), Professional Position (Skill Type A) or Technical Jobs or Skilled Trade (Skill type B) in the past ten years might be able to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program provided they meet all of the minimum requirements.
Candidates are assigned points based on the following:
  • age and marital Status
  • education which for any education obtained outside of Canada requires an Education Credential Assessment
  • work experience
  • whether you have a valid job offer
  • English and/or French language skills which requires an approved language test result
  • adaptability which considers various factors to determine how well you will settle in Canada

These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess a candidates eligibility under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. The current mark for a candidate to be eligible is 67 points (on February 28, 2020). For more information see the Selection factor point grid.

It is Important to note that individuals applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program will have to demonstrate that they have the financial means to settle in Canada. The Amount is regularly updated and can be found here.

If you are contemplating applying for Permanent Residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program you may want to book a paid consultation to discuss your case in more details.

Please note that this is general Information and should not be construed as legal advice.


Have questions? book a Paid consultation

Scroll to Top